Judy E. Carney
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- American Heart Association CPR/AED Certified
- B.S. Management Science at Georgia Tech
AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Graduated from Georgia Tech with a 3.6 GPA (Highest Honors)
- Stay-at-home Mom for 16 years and raised 4 AMAZING human beings!!!
OTHER OCCUPATIONS / INTERESTS and HOBBIES
- Server/Manager at Pascal's Bistro for 11 years
- Proofreader for a local New York Times Best Selling Author
- Aspiring 50 + fitness model - Follow me on Twitter @JudyECarney
- Cardio junkie - running, walking, biking, stair master... I love it all!!!
I am 52 years old with 4 grown children ages 27, 24, 21 (all boys) and a 16 year old daughter. I have always exercised but did not begin strength training until 1997, which began to give me definition in my muscles and also made me stronger. I was diagnosed with Osteoperosis when I was 35, so strength training plays a very large role in helping me to maintain the health of my bones and has allowed me to be medication-free. Over the years, I have developed My Unique System of strength training, which continues to keep me in the best shape of my life. I went through a horribly ugly divorce from 2003 - 2006. For a long period of time, I could not afford a gym membership. I am only 5 feet 3 3/4 inches. I ended up gaining 20 pounds and was in the worst shape of my life. Once I regained custody of my stair master and joined the gym, I used My Unique System to get me back to my "pre-divorce" shape in about 4 months.
I truly believe that AGE IS JUST A NUMBER!!! I am living proof of that!!! As every year goes by, I believe that I am NOW, currently, in the best shape of my life!!! I believe that I will still be saying that 10 and 20 and 30 years down the road. It has been my experience thus far.
After talking about it for about 11 years, I finally pulled the trigger and became an ACE Certified Personal Trainer. I have helped many people over the years, not for money, but because I am passionate about it. I