Bootcamp and Bootcamp Foundations
"That Zumba Guy"
PTC and Lexington
Bachelor’s of Science in Kinesiology with Majors in Exercise Science and Athletic Training
Georgia Southern University
I was a Fitness Supervisor at Georgia Southern Universities Campus Recreation and Intramurals for 4 years! My duties included:
- Spotting patrons
- Teaching proper form for all exercises
- Recommending alternative exercises
- Performing orientations on the machine weights
- Educating patrons about the equipment in the gym
- Training Specialist how to supervise the gym floor
I was a personal trainer for a year while at Georgia Southern! My personal training experience includes…
- Training clients one-on-one
- Leading Madness in the Meadow, a 20 participant maximum program that involved non-traditional exercises using atlas stones, tractor tires, keg shells, etc.
- Leading Women and Weights, a 20 participant maximum program designed to educate women about resistance training and put a lot of resistance training myths to rest.
- Assisting in running combines
I love playing sports and I’ve played everything including football, basketball, baseball, soccer, wrestling and running track and field. I currently play ultimate frisbee at the Club level which would be considered Semi-pro for ultimate. I played five years at Georgia Southern University and was a captain and the recruiting captain. I also spend most of my time in a gym trying out different workouts or training for my sport.
While training at World Gym, I have grown to enjoy small group training settings. Small group training is a great environment for friends to work out together and motivate each other while being pushed by a personal trainer.
Challenge yourself! Challenge yourself in the weight factor, the rep count, the level of complexity of an exercise or even with something completely new! There are plenty of people that start off great with their routines but keep doing the same thing expecting different results once the results stop or “plateau.” That is the definition of insanity. Challenge yourself because if you want something you’ve never had, you need to do things you’ve never done.